Thursday, November 26, 2015

Why do I travel?


Hey everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving and happy holidays!

I am finally restarting this blog because my new job allows me sufficient vacation days to travel and see the world. But not only will I talk about my excursions out, I will begin to discuss a variety of travel topics ranging from finding deals on airplanes and hotels, to doing "locals" activities in other countries, and more!

Today's topic: Why do I travel?


I think that a lot of cultural, religious and idealistic clashes throughout the world have everything to do with a lack of understanding of the "opposing side". One example off the top off my head is Charlie Hebdo, a French satirical magazine who were attacked for depicting pictures of the Prophet Mohammed. If Charlie Hebdo completely understood the degree of blasphemy that these comics would become, they may have reconsidered their actions. The point I am trying to make with this example is that with a better degree of understanding for different races, cultures and ethnicity, we can be more sensitive, empathetic, and accepting of others leading to improved interactions between differing viewpoints.

I'm the type of person who loves to learn. The best way for me to learn about different cultures is by immersing myself in the local customs and interacting with many different people in the course of their day-to-day lives. I want to be able to generate a conversation with people of many different ethnicities and values by bringing in ideas from differing viewpoints and understandings.
With my travels, I want to explore the different cultures of the world, live a day in the shoes of the local people, and truly begin to understand the values and principles that drive people to continue to live their life every single day.

Why do you travel? Feel free to comment below or drop me an email
icu13957@hotmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment