Friday, August 26, 2011

Update Update: More Hong Kong Fun

Sorry for the long time period in between posts: I have been out a lot these days, mostly visiting family and going out to Lan Kwai Fong and drinking. Haha!

So I went wakeboarding! If you don't know what that is, it is like water skiing but using a surfboard like thing. 

Wakeboarding is not as easy as it looks. I thought it would be very easy but in fact, I fell over four times before I could even stand up! And twice after I was able to stand up, I fell over just because I was nervous and/or didn't know what to do next. But by the end of the 30 minute session, I was able to ride for about one minute. And the feeling was amazing. Wind in my face, riding along the waves. You can see me wakeboarding HERE!!

Also, did I mention that it made my arms so sore!! It almost felt like when I went rock climbing for Pakpoom's birthday, except my fingers didn't hurt.
After the wakeboarding, my cousin realized that he had lost his keys, probably dropped them in the ocean! So when reinforcements came with spare keys, we decided to go explore a little bit. We wandered into a little Japanese store with a restaurant at the top. 

This was what we started the meal with: Kumquat Sake! It was actually pretty good, a little more sour than I would prefer, but manageable.


Next came the main course
Sashimi!! Om nom nom
The Sashimi was very fresh, at just the right temperature. The lemon added just the right amount of tart/flavor. I never had sashimi with lemon before but it was delightful.

And finally for dessert
It was basically like flan but sweeter and more "Asian"!! It was very good and we all had a good time.

My friend is fixing my ipod touch so I will make another blog entry soon with the pictures from there! Until then.


No comments:

Post a Comment